Tuesday 20 October 2009

Lucid Dreaming

Over the past day and a bit, I've been absolutely fascinated with the concept of lucid dreaming. Actually, its not even a concept. It happens, and everyone has the ability to learn how to do it. Which means that I am going to teach myself how to.
For those of you not familiar with lucid dreaming, its basically when you become aware that you are dreaming during a dream, and then have complete control of everything in your dream. You can fly, study, practice an instrument, go places; you name it, you can do it.
Its like a personal world that you are in absolute control of. If you have nightmares, you can turn around and confront your tormentor, or whip out a shotgun out of your pants pocket and shoot them in the face. Its a dream, anything is possible.
Its just like being in real life, in the sense that you cannot tell the difference between the two. There are several reality checks that you can do to see if you are dreaming or if you actually awake. Personally, I think that its like adding another dimension to your universe. It must be one of the most unique and amazing experiances that we can have.
Some of the reality checks are doing things like pinching your nose shut, and then trying to breath through a closed mouth. While this is impossible in real life, you can do it in your dream. So therefore, if you can breath, you realize that you are in a dream, and become lucid.
I was reading about it earlier today, and I actually went jittery with the amount of excitement and anxiety that I got from just reading about the different things that people had done. You can study for your test, practice playing an instrument, start to learn to play a new instrument, and everything you learn in your dream applies in real life, because your brain is still doing all the work.
I think its baffling if you think about it too much, but either way I think its completely amazing. The average time that it takes someone who is learning to have a lucid dream is two weeks to two months. I'm aiming at the one week to one month mark personally, and while I doubt that I will be able to accomplish this is one week, I hope that I will be able to do it within a month.
Ahhh god its got me so excited.
The more I think about it, the awesomer it sounds. Its like having a little slot during the night in which you are god. You can do whatever you want, however you want. You can control other people in your dream...
Gah.
I don't think I can talk about it anymore without melting or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment