Wednesday 9 September 2009

Evening are Boring; xkcd

Well I have made an official statement/observation thing. I've decided that evening are boring. What the hell is there to do from 7:30 to 10? The house is a mess, the internet gets boring (I know this is an oxymoron, but there is only a certain amount of browsing that you can do without finding something interesting) and I can't play video games, atleast not on the xbox, and playing games on a mac is pretty pointless, especially with a 3 year old model. I like reading national geographic, but the most recent copies that we own are from late 2001. We have a wealth of magazines dating waaay back to 1992, and when I say a wealth, i mean like 40+, but the fact that its so dated makes a difference when you read some of the articles. "The probe will land in 2008 with its load of martian rocks." Great. Its 2009.
Its not the magazines fault, and its still a good read, but its a pain. I could watch TV, but there really isn't all that much on, and I can't watch a movie because there isn't enough time from start to finish. I could study extra, but I would rather aimlessly surf the internet that study. Music is something I could do, but there is no particular band out of the mainstream that I like, except maybe Muse, except they've just been pushed back in, according to iTunes. Also I would like to announce that today is 09/09/09, the special day of the year. I will only see three more of these special days in my life, unless I live to be 106, which I doubt.
In trying to remedy my bordem, I went on xkcd. Actually thats a lie, because I always go on xkcd, if I'm trying to remedy bordem or not. The comic is a lot funnier when you get the jokes. Todays comic was about biologists dating, and because we did the whole punnet square thing and I understand genetics, I thought that the comic was hilarious. Here's a link http://www.xkcd.com/634/
Good comic.
You want to know another good comic? No? Well I'm going to say it anyways. Jay Naylor (at www.jaynaylor.com) makes great comics, but they are different than xkcd. While xkcd is intelligent and funny, Jay Naylor's comics have a story and so far the only one he has finished has taken him 8 years to do. Its completely engrossing, and it draws you in. You will get attached to the characters, and you will read it several times through, as I already have. Its sad when it ends though. Fortuanatly, he's making another comic that acts as a sequel, but the pages come in painstakingly slowly. Understandable, I'm sure he has another job, but still, the story progresses slowly with 2 posts a week.
Either way, I highly recommend you check it out.

Holy shit that was a long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment