Tuesday 22 September 2009

Photo Developing; The Colony

Today was uneventful, but what else is new. I finally got some black and white photo paper for my photography class, which took me forever to get. I did get some though, so I was able to start developing my pictures. I think I ended up making 4 prints, but none of them really came out that good. I had to fiddle around with different filters and the negatives that I tried using either had scratches or were blurred. I guess I'll try some others tomorrow. Once I get a few good print, I'll scan them and upload them here, incase anyone is watching.
I also found out about "The Colony," which is a reality TV show that Discovery does. I'm usually not that into reality TV, but the colony reminded me a lot of Fallout. That sounds stupid, but its set in post apocalyptic LA (which is obviously a set), and the group of like 10 people have to live in a 80,000 square foot warehouse. The place reminds me of Megaton from the game. Of course, there are no zombies, or weapons or anything, but there are raiders who attack them with like lead pipes and stuff. No one is actually hurt, obviously, and there is a lot more focus on gathering resources like water and food, finding things to burn, propane, making ways to sanitize water, etc. I just saw one episode earlier, 38 weeks into the simulation. They ran out of propane, and found another way to fix food, but they had no way to sanitize water. So the scientist person ended up making a tesla coil that created ozone, and then bubbling that through water to make a sanitzer. They also fixed up an old record player so that they could listen to music, and fixed an old movie projector so that they could watch movies. They were also running low on food, and they ended up eating rats that they caught around the warehouse. While that sounds disgusting, I don't thing I'de have a problem eating rat that was seasoned in oil, rosemary, and garlic if I was starving.
Anyways, they want to try to leave the warehouse and find another place to survive, which is the next episode. Its good, and its interesting to watch. Its not like most reality shows where everyone ends up turning on each other in competition for land and things. They have a huge area, and they need to work together in order to survive.
Thats enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment